The total volume of the emissions reduction:
The total volume of the units of emissions reduction amounting to 25.5 mln tons of óï2 is to be achieved within 2008-2012 at the above-mentioned plants.
1. Technical retooling and modernization of Alchevsk Metallurgical Plant (AMK):
- 1 mln units of agreed amount (UAA) and 1 842 thousand of the units of the emissions reduction (UER) have been sold as part of the first project.
- The project involves the commissioning of new converters and a continuous casting machine manufactured by Siemens VAI.
- The units of the emissions reduction were bought by Japanese company Sumitomo, the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD), the governments of the Netherlands and Spain, some brokers and others.
- 425 thousand tons of the units of emissions reduction for 2010 will be sold in the near future.
2. Ousting the generation of electric power from fossil fuels due to the commissioning of a gas-turbine combined cycle plant at Alchevsk Metallurgical Works (the project is owned by a joint- stock company Ecoenergy):
- The estimated annual volume of the emissions reduction is about 2 mln tons of óï2.
- The equipment is supplied by the Corporation Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Japan.
3. The implementation of a new system of heat recovery at Alchevsk Coking Plant in Ukraine:
- 33.5 thousand units of agreed amount and 325 thousand units of emissions reduction have already been sold as of today.
- A dry quenching unit produced by Giprocoke (Ukraine) and turbines for generating electric power manufactured by Siemens VAI will be commissioned as part of the project.
- In the near future 150 thousand tons of the units of emissions reduction for 2010 will be sold.
4. The Reconstruction of Dneprovskiy Metallurgical Plant based on the construction of two continuous casting machines and two ladle-furnace units.
- Old continuous casting machines will be substituted by the new ones and a ladle-furnace unit for the out of furnace treatment of steel is to be commissioned within the framework of the fourth project.
- The equipment is supplied by Siemens VAI.
- The estimated reduction of the emissions within the period from 2008 by 2012 is 5.3 mln. tons of óï2.
5. Technical modernization of agglomerating blast-furnace production at AMK.
- The project involves the reconstruction of blast-furnaces, the introduction of a new blast-furnace, the commissioning of a new agglomerating plant and the introduction of a number of other activities aimed at improving the agglomerating production and reduction of the fossil fuel consumption.
- The equipment is supplied by Danieli Corus and Siemens VAI.
- The forecasted reduction of emissions within the period of 2008-2012 is 7.2 mln tons of óï2.
6. Technical modernization of agglomerating blast furnace production at Dneprovsky Metallurgical plant.
- The project involves the reconstruction of blast furnaces, the introduction of a new blast furnace and a new agglomerating plant and the implementation of a number of other events aimed at improving agglomerating blast furnace production and reducing the consumption of fossil fuel.
- The equipment is supplied by Paul Wurth and Siemens VAI.
- The forecasted reduction of emissions within the period of 2008-2012 is 8.3 mln tons of óï2.